Making the decision to move a loved one into a senior living community isn’t one that’s made lightly, and choosing the right community should be done with careful consideration. At American House, we are proud to be a desired assisted living community that provides personal care services in a comfortable residential atmosphere.
General amenities of an assisted living community, such as American House, generally include: Three meals a day in a common dining room; housekeeping services; transportation; security; exercise and wellness programs; laundry services; and social and recreational activities. At American House, we are happy to also provide additional amenities, services and care to make our residents as happy and comfortable as possible.
The Assisted Living Federation of American (ALFA) encourages loved ones choosing a senior living community to look for a general philosophy of care based on 10 principles, making residents a top priority:
- Offering cost-effective quality care personalized for the resident’s needs
- Fostering independence for each resident
- Treating each resident with dignity and respect
- Promoting the individuality of each resident
- Allowing each resident choice of care and lifestyle
- Protecting each resident’s right to privacy
- Nurturing the spirit of each resident
- Involving family and friends in care planning and implementation
- Providing a safe, residential environment
- Making the assisted living community a valuable asset to the surrounding community
At American House, our residents are our first priority. From interaction with our staff to the various amenities and activities we offer, we try our hardest to ensure our residents are happy and engaged with our community.
To schedule a tour and learn more about what we offer in our senior living communities at American House, please visit our website at http://www.americanhouse.com/ or call (248) 579-4422.