Three American House communities were presented with SeniorAdvisor Excellence Awards for receiving consistently high ratings from residents and their families in 2013. American House Southland Senior Living, American House Village Senior Living, and Park Place Heritage Village were all recognized for being rated by families as the best of the best in senior living nationwide.
SeniorAdvisor.com is a consumer reviews web site established by A Place for Mom (APFM), the nation’s largest senior living referral service, as a way for seniors and their families to share feedback on senior living communities and services. The inaugural SeniorAdvisor Excellence Award identifies the top senior living communities who have received an overall average rating of at least 4.5 stars on the site. The award winners were recognized for having the best customer ratings and reviews out of more than 100,000 senior care providers currently on SeniorAdvisor.com.
Winners of the Excellence Award are located all over the country and represent the top tier of independent living, assisted living, and Alzheimer’s care communities on the SeniorAdvisor.com website. This exclusive designation places the winners in the top one percent of senior living communities nationwide according to consumers.
“We wanted to put a spotlight on those companies who have invested efforts to deliver excellent customer service to potential and existing customers, as evidenced by their high ratings,” said Eric Seifert, President, SeniorAdvisor.com. “The recipients of the first SeniorAdvisor.com Excellence Awards set a high bar of quality for other senior care providers to follow.”
Common themes among the reviews for these award-winning independent and assisted living communities in Detroit are the safety, affordability, welcoming atmosphere, and dining experience offered by American House. The reviews ring true to the American House vision of a “vibrant senior lifestyle in superior facilities” within a compassionate and caring environment at a “price affordable for retirees and their families.” What else about these three American House communities makes them award-winning, according to families? We’ll let them tell you in their own words:
- “Mom’s New Home”
- “Really seems to offer a lot for a good price”
- “Maria was very friendly and informative. The option of a furnished apartment was the deciding factor for me.”
- “The food was delicious… My mom really liked it and it seemed to fit in with her lifestyle which is a little more active… She has been there almost a month and is very happy.”
- “Stopped at this one… and liked it the best.”
- “Very interested… Not a full meal plan, which might be interesting to my mom.”
- “Very nice… This is the best.”
- “The entire staff has been very helpful and has welcomed my mother into this community. It’s a pleasure to see her in a safe and friendly environment.”
- “When I saw this I was like, this is it, it was like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.”
- “Park Place is absolutely beautiful. You have to see it for yourself. Mom thanks me every day that I found her new home. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The assistant director Lindsay is a pleasure to work with. The dining room has linen table cloths; the waiters know the residents and what they like to eat and drink. Mom is meeting new friends and enjoying the outings.”
Google authorship tag: Amelia Willson