This Father’s Day, don’t scour the shopping malls for the perfect gift to get Dad or Grandpa. Instead, give him something special and full of love – something priceless! Particularly for our aging relatives, the best gift is the gift of time. “Things” clutter the house and may not even be used — and really, does Dad really need any more ties?
Father’s Day is all about celebrating the man who taught you how to throw a mean fastball and who taught you how to change a flat tire. Here are 5 Unique Father’s Day Gifts for Dad (and Grandpa):
1. A memorial trip. Did he serve our country in the military? Take him to a monument or memorial service, have some lunch and talk to him about what it was like. Even if he doesn’t open up, you can talk about how he became the man he is or discuss the beautiful weather. Either way, you’re spending time together, which is what matters!
2. Tickets to a sporting event. Has dad always wanted to go to the Super Bowl? Or does he enjoy rooting on his favorite baseball team? Then get him some tickets — and go with him to a game! Even if the game isn’t soon, you can always give him an IOU for something to look forward to…and take him out for a nice meal in the meantime.
3. Create a production. Do you remember the episode on “The Cosby Show” where the kids put together a lip-syncing dance performance for the grandparents’ anniversary? Not only will you have fun with other family members rehearsing, you can have someone capture it on video and your dad can look at the video as much as he’d like!
4. A round of golf. Even if he doesn’t get out and play as much as he used to, he’d still love some time with his sons or grandsons on the back nine. Or, there’s always a good game of putt-putt with the grandkids! The point is to go out and have some fun together.
5. A picnic at the park. Put together a nice lunch of sandwiches and fruit and take Dad to the park with the grandkids. He’ll love spending some time outdoors with the family and he’ll surely treasure watching the little ones have fun on the swings. Don’t forget the handmade Father’s Day cards.
AMERICAN HOUSE CELEBRATES ALL FATHERS
We treasure all the dads and grandpas (and other father figures) who are a part of our American House family — and we’re sure they’d enjoy any of these 5 Unique Father’s Day Gifts for Dad. Stop by to see all the ways we celebrate, on Father’s Day and every day, by visiting www.americanhouse.com or calling (248) 579-4422 to schedule a tour.