Think back to your childhood. Chances are some of your favorite memories involve your cherished family pet (or pets). Days spent playing fetch in the yard with Fido, cuddling with purring fur ball Fluffy or talking walks around the neighborhood with Rover likely make you reminisce with a smile. Well, those same warm feelings can be yours all over again!
Cats and dogs are wonderful additions to your life — and at American House, we understand and encourage that type of bond! Many of our communities are pet friendly, so don’t worry about bringing your furry friends along with you when you move.
Or, if you don’t already have a pet, perhaps you should consider getting one! Pets offer plenty of benefits, not the least of which is constant companionship. You’ll look forward to spending time petting your new cat or dog, and you’ll be able to relax and find comfort with your new-found friend.
The Top 10 Benefits of Pet Ownership for Seniors:
- Pets help lower YOUR blood pressure
- Animals help relieve stress
- Four-legged friends ease the pain of loss after a loved one passes away
- Pets offer security and unconditional love
- You’ll be more active with a pet around
- Furry friends provide comfort when you’re sad
- Those who have pets have less depression
- They’re a great opportunity for social interaction
- Pet owners have fewer doctor visits
- Having a pet helps you establish a routine and responsibility
We want American House to feel just like home and that includes allowing your pet to live with you, too. Call us today at (248) 579-4422 or visit www.americanhouse.com to find out which of our communities welcome pets. Then, picture all the things you and Fluffy or Fido will do here!